Name of the Host School: Salwan Public School, Gurugram
Day &Date: Saturday, 07/08/2021
No. of Participants: 52
(Attendees from SPS GGN: Ms. Rashmi Malik, Dr Sunita Jakhar, Mr. Pankaj Gupta, Ms. Isha Gupta, Ms. Archana Singh, Ms. Deepti Sharma, Ms. Monika Aggarwal, Ms. Swati Gupta, Ms. Meenakshi, Dr. Reena Gupta)
Programme Schedule: 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Introduction: Salwan Public School, Gurugram recently completed its twenty-five years of establishment. The management and staff of the school are celebrating Silver Jubilee and to commemorate this occasion we organized an Inter School Science Competition for classes V-X with the theme of ‘MINDSPARKS- नवप्रवर्तन. The competition entries acceptance began from 25th July’2021 and all the participating schools to submitted the duly filled Google form for the participation by July 31, 2021, 4.00pm.
- Students of many schools participated in the competition where the students come up with an innovation idea/project of their own which can make human life more convenient and easier. The students also gave a beautiful and detailed explanation of their innovative models and projects.
- The aim of the competition was to provide students with a platform to explore, research and use all the tools to uncover something new.
The main highlights were as follows:
- The award ceremony for the competition was held on 7 August’ 2021 on Zoom platform. The ceremony started at 10:30 AM which involved lamp lightening and a classical dance for Goddess Saraswati Vandana performed by young Salwaninans and reciting of holy carols.
- Principal Ma’am welcomed all the participating schools and addressed the gathering about innovation and research.
- The National Educational Policy 2020 lays emphasis on catalyzing research and innovation across the country in all disciplines.
- The innovation models and projects were judged on the basis of presentation, explanation of the concept, applications, eco-friendliness and cost effectiveness.
- Glimpses of innovation done by the students of participating schools were shown and then Respected Principal Ma’am felicitated young innovators for their commendable efforts and declared the class wise results.
- A vote of thanks was proposed by Vice Principal Ma’am to all the participating schools.
It was a success for our school and I am sure it inspired a lot of young scholars.