Scaling Greater Heights....
Our program is based on active learning, learning by doing, learning by challenging, and stretching in ways that promote growth.
Assessment is the key component of learning as it determines whether the goals of education are being met. It provides timely and informative feedback to students and motivates them towards self-improvement
Primary Level (Classes I - V)
There will be two terms and four assessments in all.
Components to be assessed
|Languages (English &Hindi)||Listening + Speaking + Reading + Notebooks|
|Mathematics||Mental Math + MCQ + Activity/Project + Notebooks|
|Environment Science/General Science||Environmental Sensitivity + Project/Activity + Scientific Skills+Notebooks|
|Social Science||Social Sensitivity (surveys & diagrams) + Map work + Activity/Project + Notebooks|
The following co-scholastic areas are to be assessed:
- Work Education/ Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Art Education (Art and Craft)
- Health and Physical Education
- Visual and Performing Arts (Music andDance)
- Discipline (Attendance, Sincerity, Behaviour and Values)
CLASSES VI-IX and XI* (As per CBSE Guidelines)
- It is mandatory to appear in all Examinations.
- In order to be declared as ‘Pass’, a candidate shall obtain not less than 33% marks in each of the five subjects separately.
- If a student gets less than 33% in one subject, his/her promotion in the said subject will be as per the policy guidelines issued by DoE (Govt. of Delhi)/CBSE.
- Students will be awarded marks as well as grades (Classes VI-IX)
- In order to be declared as ‘Pass’, a candidate shall obtain not less than 33% marks in each of the five subjects on cumulative basis in theory and practical separately.
- If a student gets less than 33% in one subject, he/she will be placed in ‘Compartment’ in the said subject as per rules. A student failing in more than one subject shall not be promoted.
- His/her promotion in the said subject will be as per the policy guidelines issued by DoE (Govt. of Delhi)/CBSE.
- As examination gives a clear picture of understanding of the subjects as well as helps in promotion of the student to the next session, it is advised that the student should not miss any of the exams during the session.
- However, in case of medical issues and/or if the student is officially representing the school in any event, a retest will be conducted for the respective student/s. Only in the above two cases, promotion to the next class can be considered on the basis of their performance in the re-test.
- 75% attendance is mandatory to appear in the final examination. In case a student joins late due to late admission, the attendance shall be calculated from the date of joining.
- In case a student is found using unfair means, zero will be awarded in the first answer sheet and second answer sheet will be assessed. No extra time will be given, repetition of the same will result in suspension.
Third Language Option (Classes VI- VIII) – Sanskrit
Second Language Option Class IX-Hindi/Sanskrit (subject to a batch of minimum 20 students)
Salwan Public School, Gurugram is a co-educational Senior Secondary School affiliated to CBSE.