The Japanese Activity Club aims at imparting knowledge to students learning Japanese Language about the culture of Japan.
By knowing the culture and mannerism, students can relate with the language in a better way. Activities like origami, calligraphy, Japanese cuisine, song, movies etc. are organized during the activity periods.
The purpose of the club is to give students an opportunity to practice and refine their communication skills in French language.
Various activities such as French song, poem, poetry, films, and situational role play deepens their understanding of French culture and society.
Objective – This club looks into enhancing mathematical and logical skills and inculcating the habit of visualizing a problem and then solving it. It also includes hands on practical activities. The club gives a chance to students to explore new ideas with hands on practice. Schedule during activity periods:
1. To cover the practical aspects of a problem students have been divided into various groups to perform various activities puzzles, games and field activities to clarify/enhance the conceptual knowledge.
In classes IX and X students are working for lab manual with emphasis given on fast calculations by short cut methods.
Science plays an important role in studying various phenomena taking place inside or outside the body of an organism. It deals with physical and chemical processes happening in our surrounding. In order to develop scientific temperament in all age groups, activity club is categorized into 3 groups.
1. Science detectives (VI-VII)
2. Bio Catalyst (IX-XI)
3. Adventures in Science (IX-XI)
Heritage Club- The school has tied up with India City Walks for organising varios educational trips for Heritage, Media and Museaum club students
1. This club Prepares the students for future competitions like CBSE Heritage Quiz.
2. Inculcate the habit of speaking and discussing the various aspects of a particular topic.
3. Develops the skill of analyzing among the students through various topics.
4. Quiz is conducted on various topics during activity periods.
Students of this club are involved in :
1. Documentation cataloguing and analysis of artifacts, manuscripts, coms and textile in the museum.
2. Spreading awareness on the tangible and intangible Heritage of India by developing the Museum.
Robotics club is a platform to the students to enhance their mechanical as well as analytical skills.
The entire advance course is divided into 2 levels – Beginners and Advance. At each level students will learn Assembling of Robots and Programming on computers to make the robots workable. LEGO Mindstrom Kits are used for this activity. Besides the regular activity periods, students can also work on robots on every 1 & 3 saturday between 12 pm to 2 pm.
Students will be trained to participate in Robotics Olympiad as well as get exposure to International Robotics Olympiad based on their capabilities. On the successful completion of each level, certificate will be given.
2. To cover the practical aspects of a concept, students perform various activities such as Puzzle Solving, Mathematical games, Field Activities, Activities through Origami, Model Making.
THEATRE is a regular educational tool for us
1. It brings children fun, excitement, curiosity and motivation to learn.
2. We approach extremely serious issues with fun and humour, making an otherwise boring topic seem exciting. Important issues can be explored with depth, sensitivity and intelligence.
3. Through Theatre we teach multiple skills at the same time including language skills, social skills, and drama skills.
4. Theatre is an enjoyable way of learning. Through active participation, interaction and discussion, the children will have fun and they will remember what they learn for a very long time
School conducts classes in Kathak, Vocal (Hindustani) and Tabla for class IV onwards affiliated to Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh.
Our school is affiliated to National Bal Bhavan, New Delhi. The Following programmes are offered after school hours i.e, Art & Craft, Music & Dance, Sports, Library and Computers.
The school has NCC Junior Division Half Troop Army wing for Classes IX-X.
The Guidance and Counselling cell is based on the following assumptions:
• Every individual is important, unique and has latent talent.
• Excellence is possible.
• There are individual differences.
• Environment provides innumerable opportunities.
• There should be a logical approach.
Individual Counseling is provided to students facing problems in studies, relationships, helps adjustment and other behavioural problems.
Group Counselling is provided in the form of structured life skills from classes III to XII.
Peer Education classes conducted by Doctor, Counsellor & Class XI students on adolescence related issues.
Social Emotional Well-Being scale administered on students from classes Pre-Nursery to Class II.
• Sessions/talks by experts on personality enhancement and choice of careers after class XII.
• First hand experience provided through field visits to different educational and industrial organizations.
• Career exhibitions to familiarise the students/parents with different career options.
• Testing of the various attributes i.e. aptitude, personality and intelligence.
Note : Parents can meet the School Counsellor with prior appointment to discuss their ward’s problems on Saturdays (Except 2nd Saturday).
The school has an inclusive education setup which aims to provide equal opportunities of learning to all the students and believes in the philosophy that every child can learn in circumstances and environment that promote and develop skills.
The purpose is to provide a complete spectrum of services related to child care under on roof.
Inclusive Education team conducts Assessment, Plans individualized Interventions, provides occupation and speech therapy and facilitates remedial teaching for children with Special Educational Needs.
The school is a member of India Habitat Centre and British Council Library, New Delhi. Visits are planned as and when required.
A weekly DEAR program (Drop Everything and Read) provides students with much more than a just-sit-there-and-read experience. It gives the teacher a structured time to touch base with each student over a period of time, assess progress, and target instruction. Even more important, it gives students time to read what they want to read, share what they've read, and receive the support they need for further reading explorations and reflections.. When a student completes a book, he or she conferences with the teacher to discuss the book and share his or her reading log.
LIBRARY, LANGUAGE LAB, MATH LAB,INTEGRATED SCIENCE LAB, BIO, CHEM, PHYSICS LABS add value to our Academic Plan.
We teach French, German, Japanese, Sanskrit, Hindi and English to our students.